Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Welcome to Professor Mom!

Thanks for visiting my new blog!

Here's a little bit about me and why I decided to start blogging......

As a mom, I am a breastfeeding, baby wearing, co-sleeping - attachment parent. I am a stay-at-home mom who also works from home part-time.

As an educator, I have 15 years of experience working with children and families. I am a Registered Early Childhood Educator and I am currently a teacher of Early Childhood Education at an Ontario College.

When I first became a mom (19 months ago), I went to many playgroups and spoke to many other new moms. Once they found out that I was an Early Childhood Educator, they asked questions.  Lots of questions. They wanted to know what was normal childhood development, where to find quality childcare, how to manage being a new parent, breastfeeding, attachment parenting and many other topics.

I decided to write this blog in the hopes of sharing some of my experience and education to help parents deal with some of these challenging topics in a straight forward and easy to understand way. I hope that the topics I discuss will generate discussion and I hope you'll post comments and send me your questions and ideas.   

 - PM
On a side note: This blog is an expression of my opinion and should not be taken as medical advice. If you have concerns related to your child’s health or development, please contact your doctor or other health related professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment